Friday, September 20, 2024

When things don't go as planned.


What an auxiliarating day guiding river trips on the Green River today. So many curve balls came our way today on the Upper trip.
 
There's a plan....but then sometimes things don't go exactly as planned. But this...continues to teach me to trust my instincts and that I'll manage in the moment.
 
I laughed a lot at one particular funny thing that went down today. I paddle my boat often from sitting on my knees...which adds a level of challenge to an inflatable kayaker. (Which is why I do this).
So as I paddled across a familiar class 2 rapid...my boat stopped as the front of it was grabbed by a small recirculating wave. But I didn't...and I went head over handle bars straight into the river. I immediately started laughing because it caught me off guard. 
 
No harm nor foul as I jumped back into my boat and laughed out loud. When I turned around the guest paddling the boat behind me had a huge smile on his face. And I said, "well that was funny wasn't it?"
And he said, "you got back into your boat so gracefully." Which made me laugh even harder.
Grace is in the eye of the beholder.
 
Sometimes things don't go as planned....but the greatest part is in how we navigate it in the moment. Trusting our instincts is key. 
 
I love nature for her humor she provides. Humbling at times too.
Don't fret when you fall out of your boat....just hop back in and proceed. 
 
I learn so much every day.
Onward and upward! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment