Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Rachel Dickson reciting the poem "The Guest House" by Rumi.

The poem "The Guest House" by Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi explores the concept of embracing life's ups and downs as valuable experiences. It teaches to welcome all emotions, even the negative ones, as opportunities for growth.

I've been exploring what it means to be human, specifically when it comes to the parts of us that have experienced hurt and harm and how to forgive ourselves and others. How to discover again what our whole selves feels like ...what being home in ourselves feels like.
 
I chose to read this poem by Rumi to allow to sink in the concept of embracing ALL of the parts of ourselves as the being human experience.
 
Click on the image below to play this video.

 OR click on the link below to play this video.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C5gMcLshDSo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This is quickly becoming my new passion...reciting inspirational poetry and excerpts from some of my favorite writings. And yes, I do have a goal in mind here...and that is to enhance my skills to narrate books for audio.

Onward and Upward!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment