Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Black birds on a wire and other such fun!

I'm not really sure why, but I seem to have a fascination with electrical line poles, electrical pole lights and the birds that choose to perch there.
I remember coming home from college for a holiday break and driving down the country road only to notice a black bird hanging upside down (clearly dead) from an electrical line as if it had just keeled over and never let go.
A sad day for that bird of course, but I remember thinking how funny that was...that this bird didn't let go and was now silhouetted against the blue sky. I suppose ever since that day I've payed much closer attention to birds on a wire.
This little painting is titled just that, "Black birds on a wire" and is 7 and a half inches wide by 4 inches tall by 1 inch think and is acrylic paint on oak wood.
I'm having lots of fun painting birds and judging by the response I'm getting...many of you are enjoying these as well! so...onward and upward for the arts!

If you'd like to learn more about this painting by Rachel Dickson visit www.racheldickson.com/rachels_art.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment