Monday, March 5, 2012

Trees...forever art

I've always admired trees. Having grown up in the farmlands of NorthWest Ohio, naturally there was loads of open terrain...acres and acres of corn and soybean fields. Trees generally were in clumps here and there...or at the local park.

Of course, I'm sure it's not just me. Trees seem to whisper calm as we stroll by them on a walk through the woods or a hike up a mountain. Inspirational on their own accord.
And google "happy trees" and guess who's artwork appears? Bob Ross. So yes, trees don't just inspire me. :-)

Click here to view my most recent paintings.

Which is why I choose to paint on wood. Especially wood that still has the bark intact. It's like putting art on art.
This image above depicts a colorful railway tie that in itself could be hung on ones wall as art. Just something about wood...that inspires me. Nature's art. Love it!

Onward and upward as nature inspires us!

No comments:

Post a Comment