It's takes practice...to be truly good at a thing. Including...keeping your heart open.
To me this means...I don't stop doing the things I love rather...I seek them out more. And I bring friends!
It truly takes courage to allow ourselves to remain open to possibility versus shutting down after we've experienced the pain of grief or despair or heartbreak. I know you know what I mean here.
And I've learned that continuing to engage in things that stretch us a little bit can be so very powerful. If you're too afraid...invite your friends. Because there's something about having your besties along with you when you're about to experience something epic!
These things don't have to be expensive...in fact they can be totally free activities. So no, you don't have to put yourself into a tough spot...but rather sometimes just a little creativity will do.
This whitewater kayaking trip with Tuckaseegee Outfitters in Whittier, NC cost just $30 per person and SOoooo worth every penny!
Of course you can spend thousands of dollars on a Colorado River trip through the Grand Canyon...but I'm simply saying...if you're planning to repeat said fun and adventure over and over...it can be done on a budget.
So...that said...go...be...do!
and Stay Wildhearted!

No comments:
Post a Comment