Monday, April 16, 2012

When nature calls!

I recently had the pleasure of visiting one of my very favorite places in Tennessee, the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Within the park itself I've always felt drawn to the Greenbrier National Park area.

My mom and I were meandering up the Ramsey Cascade trail along the Little Pigeon river and stopped along the way to have a picnic lunch. A few feet away from where we were sitting was this truck sized rock. It was HUGE!

I couldn't help but think what a FABULOUS canvas that rock would be for some abstract water art. So off I went (nearly slipping into the creek at one point...to which mom chuckled..."don't fall in") and began to sling water onto the face of the rock...and the photo above left is the result. I'm pretty sure that my joy in this experience had mostly to do with the fun in creating...not so much in the final result.

Yet another reason to embrace spontaneity. Art is everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment