I once dreamed of the full-time job of walking trails and being the painter of trail blazes like this one. While this hasn’t come to fruition yet...trail blazes serve a very important purpose to us all.
To show us the way.
If you a hiker...then you know that many times you’ll be toodle-doodle-oodlin along and then everything just looks like a forest floor in front of you. Like the trail disappeared.
An easy example of this is in the fall after the leaves fall and the trail is covered over which makes everything sort of look the same.
Yet another example of this is at a river crossing. (Which is why before I cross the river...I’ll look across for the trial on the other side and where it picks up so I know where I’m headed once I get across).
There have been many many times...I just can’t tell where the trail continues...yet I know to shift my gaze up and study the trees looking for the painted blaze that will show me the way. Often you’ll see...blaze, blaze, blaze. One tree behind the other...showing the path.
Other times you may only see one blaze...and not until you get to that one can you now see the next one.
This is exactly why one of my favorite taglines has been “Just follow the blazes on your trail.” Is also why you’ll find this in the header images on my website at RachelDickson.com.
There are many times in life that we wish we could see further down the trail when faced with a decision. And well, sometimes we cannot. We can only see the next blaze...so we have to trust and then move forward in that trust. And sure enough...when we get a little ways forward there is some more information for us.
Of course, for me, built into that trust is my practice of tuning into my inner knower...much like looking to a compass for confirmation of the right direction. I am blessed with some rather stellar directional sense...but much of this is directly related to tuning into intuitional awareness and listening to direction from the other side of the veil.
I also want to say here...I just love seeing a trail blaze markers. Feels like art to me in many ways and carries a feeling all its own. It means I’m in the forest!
Stay true to your heart by friends and followers.
Would love to hear your trail blaze stories here.
Namaste.
Saturday, August 29, 2026
Trail Blazes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment