Saturday, April 12, 2014

Raccoon amongst the deer...

is what I saw tonight when I got out of my truck in the driveway at home to admire two female deer standing in the cornfield beside the house who were also staring back at me.  Then...to my dismay..saw a dark blob wandering not far from where they were standing.
Blast! A coon. So I stood there and watched. No sign of raccoon activity in the chicken barn as of yet...but this is the second time in a week that I've seen this coon in this same place.
Some of the chickens are still perching high in the barn roof rafters due to the last raccoon incident...so I'm not too worried about them. Nonetheless, I don't want mr. or mrs. raccoon to be swiping eggs either. Guess I'll have to be a little more vigilant now I know there's another masked bandit in the neighborhood.
In the mean time...I did think it was most interesting that the deer didn't seem to mind one bit that that ole raccoon was meandering around in the same cornfield as they were.
Funny how nature gets along better than humans sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment