Sunday, December 29, 2013

Twenty years from now....












....you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

This quote is on the cover of a card I received some years ago and have had it hanging above my desk ever since.  It's the perfect reminder to me as we enter yet another new year. (hard to believe 2013 is nearly over!)

At the end of a year I always find myself reflecting upon what all happened within that year...and of course, like most folks...I consider what I'd like to see happen in the upcoming new year.

A few things on my list....
~start a new chicken flock to keep up with the demand of farm fresh egg sales
~relaunch the blogtalkradio show "Art Speak" (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dicksongallery)
~attend the 4bridgesartfestival in Chattanooga
~paint bigger paintings (like maybe 6 of them)
~invest in a small solar panel to continue offsetting utility costs
~sled on the whitehouse tubing hill so can experience to new STAIRS that were built this summer!

What's on your list?

Be safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment