Friday, October 19, 2012

The Capital Grille is doing a VERY fun thing! and I couldn't help myself...


Here's what it just might look like! I created this piece of artwork in the hopes it might adorn the bottle of a special Cabernet Sauvignon.
Capital Grille (locations in Orlando, FL, and Atlanta, GA to name a few) is currently hosting a artist series wine label competition.
According to their website they are looking for a spectacular wine label to adorn their equally spectacular wine and invite artists to create it. The winning artist will see their masterpiece featured on an exclusive, world-class Cabernet Sauvignon served in every Capital Grille restaurant! The wine inside the bottle is as much a work of art as the label artists will be creating to adorn it. Blended exclusively for The Capital Grille by Heidi von der Mehden of Arrowood Winery in Sonoma, in collaboration with Capital Grille's own Master Sommelier, George Miliote.
So I entered!! My thoughts were...if a hummingbird would approach this wine...you KNOW it's gotta be good. I like wine...and have stood in the wine aisle looking at label after label. When I came across this opportunity I just couldn't pass it up and created this painting which if nothing else might make you wanna try the wine!
To learn more about this artist series competition visit The Capital Grille online.
Nothing like a good 'ole competition to inspire a new painting.
Thank you Capital Grille for the opportunity!
Stay tuned...I will post here if my artwork is selected to adorn this special 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon.

To learn more about Rachel Dickson and her art visit http://www.racheldickson.com

To learn more about The Capital Grille visit http://www.thecapitalgrille.com


No comments:

Post a Comment